Monday, November 20, 2017

Part 1: Vogelbach on 2017 Cardboard

I'm still hunting multiple websites for Dan Vogelbach cards which have eluded me during the 2017 baseball card collecting year, but the chase is finally starting to slow. I figure by the time I finish this series of posts we'll be counting down the days for 2018 Topps Series 1 to hit the shelves.

I'm going to go in chronological order from the first cards produced to the most recent. Each post will contain all of the Dan Vogelbach cards I've acquired from that set and I'll make a short mention of the ones I'm still on the look out for.

So, without further delay, let's get to the first card.

Early on, many baseball pundits were predicting Dan Vogelbach would break camp with the Mariners in April.

Topps Now, arguably the first "set" to produce 2018 cardboard, jumped at this opportunity and placed Vogelbach in its 15-card team set of the Mariners titled Road to Opening Day.
Vogelbach opened the year with the Tacoma Rainiers in Triple-A, but I did have my first Vogelbach card of 2017. I picked up a single of  the above card from Ebay, as I did many of the cards, because I didn't want 14 other Mariner cards that came in the set if bought directly from Topps.

The Mariners only had sixteen more Topps Now cards produced in 2017. Four of them were of Nelson Cruz and eight of them were of the All-Star MVP, Robinson Cano.

Regardless, this is my favorite non-auto/relic of Vogelbach in my entire collection. It's a nice design, a rookie card, and the photo selection is top notch.  The man has a great smile.

2017 Topps Now Haves:
OD-204 (the card you see above)

2017 Topps Now Needs:
None!

It was a big year for Vogelbach... well, at least in cardboard. One set down... a dozen or so more to go!

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Great card!

    There were a couple of those "equipment bag" shots that scream spring training and I feel a little gypped we didn't get any in the Cubs set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a fan of the mind 90's Mariner uniforms that seeing the old trident logo with the teal jersey was odd at first glance. But it kind of works.

    Did you happen to purchase a Topps Heritage Color Swap Volgebach on COMC? I saw that card pop up and thought of you..but it was gone before I could grab it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I actually bought the Color Swap off Ebay... come to find out it was from a seller in Peoria... in my own sub division! Finally, I saved on shipping!
      It's a small world!

      Delete
  3. This should be a fun series. Can't wait to see what the others have in store :).

    ReplyDelete